Here are the daily transfer updates on Arsenal for the day (20/09/2020).
Mikel Arteta said after the 2-1 win against West Ham: ‘The market can surprise us. [Teams] can come for our players in a different position [to midfield] and we have to react, like it happened with Emi.’
- Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson has been training alone due to quarantine reasons (Darren Arsenal). An announcement is imminent for the Icelandic.
- Thomas Partey and Houssem Aouar – Atlético Madrid maintain their stance on Arsenal paying the £50m buyout clause for the Ghanaian. Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas said: “It seems that Arsenal don’t want to, or can’t invest the price for Houssem, who is our best player.” Fabrizio Romano says deals for both players would rely on selling current players.
- Danilo Pereira – Arsenal have been in contact with his representatives should a deal not be struck for Partey as a back up option according to Charles Watts.
- Amadou Diawara of AS Roma is another alternative to the midfielder according to Charles Watts.
- Lucas Torreira is determined to leave the Gunners this summer with a move to Italy or Spain on the cards. Fabrizio Romano and James Nicholas (gunnerblog) claim that the player has an offer from Atlético Madrid for a 1-year loan with an obligation to buy. The Spanish team will need to sell players if they are to buy him this summer. Arsenal want a straight sale. Di Marzio claims AC Milan have been in contact with the Uruguayan’s representatives but Torino remain in pole position to sign him.
Torreria is desperate to leave Arsenal. Atletico Madrid offer a loan with an option to buy. Arsenal want to sell immediately to be able to buy Thomas Partey or Houssem Aouar. Atleti need to sell before buying [@FabrizioRomano].
— TheAFCnewsroom (@TheAFCnewsroom) September 20, 2020
- Shkodran Mustafi – The North Londoners have offered the German to Serie A side Lazio for £15m according to Calciomercato.
- Calum Chambers is a loan option for West Ham according to Mike McGrath of the telegraph.
- Sead Kolašinac – Arsenal are working to sell the Bosnian according to Fabrizio Romano.